Hi, it’s Edward Plant from The Business League. The Business League supports business owners to connect, develop and grow their business.
There are heap of networking events in any given City. On the Gold Coast, there are a heap of networking functions, different networking groups, breakfasts, lunches, drinks you name it there’s a heap of options out there for you and the business world. What you need to make sure you do is you don’t waste your time, your money or your resources going to the wrong ones. So what I want to do today is to share with you 6 Key Requirements that you should look for in a good networking organization for your business.
6 Requirements for Good Networking Events
- Organisor – What do they bring to the table? Are they well organized? Did they run a rock solid event that makes you what to go to time and time again. What does the event organizer or team bring to the table that can support you.
- Enjoy – I put this up top because I think it’s reasonably important. Make sure you enjoy it. If you don’t enjoy it, don’t go it’s as simple as that. While you’re in business and you’re there to do what your business does, let’s have a bit of fun while we’re doing it.
- Who – Who else is gonna be in that room. You want to make sure that there are good quality people that are gonna be able to support you achieve your business goals so understand who’s in the room.
- Provide – Make sure you understand what the networking event or organization provides for you. There’s a lot out there where it show up, you turn up you do your stuff and then you leave and there’s nothing more to support you beyond that event. Make sure you understands the full inclusions, whatever they provide and how they gonna support you achieve your goals
- Value – The next one is tied in provision as well. Make sure you get great value in terms with return of investment from a dollar perspective, from a professional development, from a great relationships, from an educational role. Whatever it is you need for your business make sure you’re getting the value for it.
- Goals – The final and the most important one is to make sure that, that organization or that networking event can help you achieve your goals cause that’s what you’re there for. You’re not out there to have a good time. You’re there to support your business grow or achieve the next step in your business evolution.
I’m Edward Plant from The Business League. You might have seen our new website, while you’re here have a look and check it out but more importantly come to our next event. Details are just on the right and you can check who the guest speaker is. Come a long and make sure that we have covered all of the 6 requirements. I know we do. We look forward to seeing you at the next event.