A lot of people say you should network. A lot of great marketing strategy for businesses but do you really know what? What I really like to share is the importance of networking and what you and your business can get out of it. My name is Edward Plant from The Business League and we work with business owners to connect, develop and grow their businesses.
Today I want to share with you the top 6 reasons that networking is important to you and your business.
- They facilitate win:win relationships – That can be a win:win from a client – customer relationship attraction revenue basis or could be a win:win from a knowledge share support pay forward basis but networking provides that win:win opportunities.
- Find great referral partners – Instead of going to one business every time to time and get a sale or one customer to get a sale. Get a referral partner that gets you with a pole of customers that can benefit your business. It should connects you with great referral partners.
- Accelerates your professional development – I can’t comment with a lot of businesses or organizations or event but know our events support businesses owners professionally develop, improve their knowledge, think differently and challenge their in order to grow their business. The third one is it to improve their professional development .
- Develop knowledge resource – Whether that’s training, social media marketing, staff retention, staff improvement, cross selling, sales process, joined venture partnerships. Whatever that knowledge is, networking can develop your knowledge. It go hand in hand with tip #3 that I’ve talked about before and The Business League does this through workshops and its monthly breakfast.
- Establishes your connection – It’s a great way to improve your connections, create a great community for you around your local business and just improve your connections and a great quality connections.
- Plugs you to your community – As a result of your networking you’ll know more what’s happening. You’ll have your finger on the pulse and you’re just being plugged in better which have huge benefit for you and your business and being aware of what’s going on in your area.
There are number of reasons that I believe networking is important. Now it’s not exhaustive and now it was not in priority order it was just a list but there were great reasons to networking. If you’re interested in networking by all means come along our event but either way think about it as a valid marketing strategy for your business. Edward Plant signing off for The Business League. Chat you to soon.